Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Oscar Sunday everyone!



Happy Oscar Sunday everyone! When going to your parties or events today, remember:
"A healthy attitude is contagious, but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier. " - Tom Stoppard
Also, "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

Always take every opportunity to spread love and show kindness, which are both a part of a healthy attitude in my opinion.  :-)  Don't just reserve it for a "special occasion" though.  Make every moment a special occasion.  Every moment we are given is an opportunity to choose how we will react, what action we will take, and how we influence others.


Unfortunately, I have not always been a shining example of my suggestions above.  If anything, I have been the complete antithesis of them more times than I could count or would care to reflect upon.  I have been mean and belittling to others.  I have felt hurt by people and held contempt in my heart toward them. I have been angry with people and chose to strike out at them verbally. At times - though I have not acted on it - I have even had thoughts of violence towards another human being.  I am not proud of any of those choices but share them only to illustrate that I have been a fallible human being.

The beautiful thing about the amazing gift of this day is that no matter who we have been in the past, today is our opportunity to be whomever we decide to be.  Each moment carries with it the opportunity to be kind and loving to others, and to ourselves.  I am so very thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be someone new at least a thousand times.  I am also thankful that the person I choose to be today is not who I chose to be in the yesteryears.

Sometimes I look at the person I was as if to be an echo of a distant memory of someone I knew once. While drawing from the lessons learned and the experience gained during each of those moments, I know that who I am now is not who I was then.  Those moments neither determine nor decide who I am now.  The wisdom drawn from experiencing them does help to guide my steps, but only my actions in this moment decide who I am in the next. 

Remember that you are a human being and will make mistakes. That’s okay. You have the opportunity now to choose to be forgiving of yourself and to be kind and loving to everyone you encounter.  Even when people mistreat you, CHOOSE TO BE _____. I’ll let you fill in the blank.  After all, it is your life, and you choose what steps you take in each moment.  Hopefully this can be a voice of guidance in how you might take those steps.

In whatever your choices remember that you are an amazing human being with unlimited potential, and I believe in you. :-)  I’ll close with the suggestion I opened with: Always take every opportunity to spread love and show kindness. 


YesICanNow Facebook group: http://bit.ly/YICNfb 
Acting Website: JaredDay.com 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. The word I choose to fill in the blank with is, Magic! Thanks for the post, even though I'm seeing it a week late :)

    ReplyDelete